I still don’t know if it’s related or not, but after changing the time in our UTC zone, all the query search in a SharePoint farm suddenly stopped working.
At the beginning with the errors that I had, I was thinking in the Index component, but when I accessed to the components, I was able to see that the query component was in red, so it was the first indicator that something was not working fine.
My first thought was to check the logs to see If was able to see anything, and in fact I found a lot of errors related with the query component, some of them like the following:
SearchServiceApplicationProxy::Execute–Error occured: System.ServiceModel.FaultException`1[System.ServiceModel.ExceptionDetail]: Tried IMS endpoints for operation Execute: Operation sent to IMS failed: Resource saturation, try again later. (Fault Detail is equal to An ExceptionDetail, likely created by IncludeExceptionDetailInFaults=true, whose value is: Microsoft.SharePoint.SPException: Tried IMS endpoints for operation Execute: Operation sent to IMS failed: Resource saturation, try again later. at
WcfSendRequest: RemoteAddress: ‘net.tcp://servername/97C247/QueryProcessingComponent1/ImsQueryInternal’ Channel: ‘Microsoft.Office.Server.Search.Query.IImsService’ Action: ‘http://tempuri.org/IImsService/Execute’ MessageId: ‘urn:uuid:86db249c-bb2a-427f-bbbb-219f0d00e87c’ f861b39d-b40f-b033-363b-cc73f6b053c4
Ims::Execute–Error occured: System.ServiceModel.EndpointNotFoundException: There was no endpoint listening at net.tcp://servername/97C247/QueryProcessingComponent1/ImsQueryInternal that could accept the message. This is often caused by an incorrect address or SOAP action. See InnerException, if present, for more details. Server stack trace: at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ConnectionUpgradeHelper.DecodeFramingFault(ClientFramingDecoder decoder, IConnection connection, Uri via, String contentType, TimeoutHelper& timeoutHelper) at
So… at the beginning I was thinking what can I do with this errors? My first thought was to check available disk free space.
Everything was fine, so.. next thing to check, the following thing I checked was the SharePoint cache, everything was fine, but just in case I cleaned SharePoint cache, then I checked the components of Search and was still in red, so the problem started to be big.
But, suddenly It pops out of my mind that something in the logs, so my next move was to restart the search services. In first case the host controller service. I restarted the service, once it was restarted I checked again the components and were all in green. Yihaaa!
I checked the search results on the portal and I was able to perform queries and all the WP configured were working.
I stopped investigating what was the root cause of the problem, but for next time I know what to do first.
Till nex time!