SharePoint 2013: error activating reporting feature

Today we received an error while we triying to actívate the Reporting feature in a SC:

Lo sentimos, se ha producido un problema

El tipo de contenido con el identificador 0x010100C3676CDFA2F24E1D949A8BF2B06F6B8B definido en la característica {e8389ec7-70fd-4179-a1c4-6fcb4342d7a0} se encontró en la colección de sitios actual o en un subsitio

To solve this problem we needed to execute the following PS:

Enable-SPFeature -Identity e8389ec7-70fd-4179-a1c4-6fcb4342d7a0 -Url https://url -forcé

Till next time!

SharePoint 2010: Reporting has encountered a SharePoint error

Hi,

The other day a client called me, saying that the reporting services in SharePoint weren’t working. I decided to test If it was a problem of SharePoint, and I received the following error message:

re

So I decided to dip into the SharePoint log, finding the following lines:

Throwing Microsoft.ReportingServices.Diagnostics.Utilities.SharePointException: , Microsoft.ReportingServices.Diagnostics.Utilities.SharePointException: Report Server has encountered a SharePoint error. —> Microsoft.SharePoint.SPException: No se puede completar esta acción.  Vuelva a intentarlo. —> System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80004005): No se puede completar esta acción.  Vuelva a intentarlo.     at Microsoft.SharePoint.Library.SPRequestInternalClass.PreInitServer(String bstrAbsoluteRequestUrl, String bstrServerRelativeUrl, Int32 lZone, Guid gApplicationId, Guid gSiteId, Guid gDatabaseId, String bstrDatabaseServer, String bstrDatabaseName, String bstrDatabaseUsername, String bstrDatabasePassword, Boolean fHostHeaderIsSiteName, Int32 iDatabaseVersionMajor, Int32 iData…                …baseVersionMinor, Int32 iDatabaseVersionBuild, Int32 iDatabaseVersionRevision)     at Microsoft.SharePoint.Library.SPRequest.PreInitServer(String bstrAbsoluteRequestUrl, String bstrServerRelativeUrl, Int32 lZone, Guid gApplicationId, Guid gSiteId, Guid gDatabaseId, String bstrDatabaseServer, String bstrDatabaseName, String bstrDatabaseUsername, String bstrDatabasePassword, Boolean fHostHeaderIsSiteName, Int32 iDatabaseVersionMajor, Int32 iDatabaseVersionMinor, Int32 iDatabaseVersionBuild, Int32 iDatabaseVersionRevision)     — End of inner exception stack trace —     at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPGlobal.HandleComException(COMException comEx)     at Microsoft.SharePoint.Library.SPRequest.PreInitServer(String bstrAbsoluteRequestUrl, String bstrServerRelativeUrl, Int32 lZone, Guid gApplication…              …Id, Guid gSiteId, Guid gDatabaseId, String bstrDatabaseServer, String bstrDatabaseName, String bstrDatabaseUsername, String bstrDatabasePassword, Boolean fHostHeaderIsSiteName, Int32 iDatabaseVersionMajor, Int32 iDatabaseVersionMinor, Int32 iDatabaseVersionBuild, Int32 iDatabaseVersionRevision)     at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPSite.PreinitializeServer(SPRequest request)     at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPSite.GetSPRequest()     at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPSite.get_Request()     at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPSite.get_ReadLocked()     at Microsoft.ReportingServices.SharePoint.Objects.RSSPImpSite.get_ReadLocked()     at Microsoft.ReportingServices.SharePoint.Server.SharePointServiceHelper.GetUserToken(String wssUrl, String userName)     — End of inner exception stack trace —;

But as you can see, it does not giving me a clue of what is happening. So after reviewing this, I checked the Event Log, and for my surprise I found the following:

The Execute method of job definition Microsoft.ReportingServices.SharePoint.SharedService.Service.DoWorkTimerJob (ID fa8a1de8-1321-45ba-9081-7b890c7d7504) threw an exception. More information is included below.

The HTTP service located at http://server:32843/014c0cb2da874208b97b44173758f8ff/ReportServiceBackgroundProcessing.svc is too busy.

So… my first impression was that something was not working properly, so I decided to do an IIReset, and after that was possible to execute again the Reporting reports

Hope it helps!