Microsoft Entra will verify all types of identities and secure, manage, and govern their access to any resource. The new Microsoft Entra product family will:
Protect access to any app or resource for any user across hybrid, multicloud, and beyond;
- Secure and verify every identity including for employees, customers, partners, apps, devices, and workloads;
- Provide only necessary access by discovering and right-sizing permissions, and managing access lifecycles for any identity; and
- Simplify the human experience with simple sign-in, intelligent security, and unified administration.
But, what it is really Microsoft Entra? A unified portal for securing and managing every identity – The admin center for Microsoft Entra facilitates identity and access management, multicloud permissions management, and administration of verifiable credentials, all in one place.
When Entra will take place? In May 31st
And what happens to my AzureAD? Azure AD continues to be the foundational infrastructure for all new products in Microsoft Entra family. Innovation and investment in Azure AD continues, including the popular Application Gallery, Conditional Access, multifactor authentication, passwordless, and more.
Will I still be able to access my Azure AD Admin portal? short answer yes, long answer see below:
- The Azure AD admin center (aad.portal.azure.com) will continue to function for the next 12-18 months, and then redirect to entra.microsoft.com in 2023 after extensive customer notice.
- The Azure portal at portal.azure.com will also continue to offer Azure AD for Azure customers.
- The M365 portal Azure AD admin page will be redirected to entra.microsoft.com later this summer.
So, can I Buy Microsoft Entra? Microsoft Entra is a product family. Products within Microsoft Entra are available for sale but there is no Entra bundle to purchase
This new product family has an impact on licenses or billing? No, but if you’re interested in sing Microsoft Entra Permissions Management will need to obtain a license for the solution. Microsoft Entra Verified ID is a free service but some scenarios, integrated with Azure AD capabilities, may require an Azure AD P1 or P2 license as a pre-requisite.