Some pieces of information about using GSuite in your daily life
While using Sheets
- How to insert an image. Using the formula “=image(“url”)” places pictures right into your Sheets. You can also scale the image to fit the Sheet, stretch it to fill it, show in its original size, and show in a custom size.
- Using templates. Google offers a wide array of premade pages, ready for you to fill. They cut downtime for your work, making effective finished pages in a snap. Create New > From Template, and you’ve got the blueprint at hand.
- Using conditional formatting. Color coding cells is super useful and makes it easier to read while working and after it’s finished. All you need to do is select a cell or group of cells, click the arrow to the right of the header, and then “Conditional Formatting.” From there, simply insert your rules and save them.
- Inserting Sheets into Docs. Instead of having to create new graphs, use Charts to drop Sheets data in. It will load and place the data instantly through Charts > Load Data > Insert.
- If you have a document that you need to translate, Google Docs makes it simpler than ever. Changing your file to a new language is literally just a click away. This element is crucial to any global business.
- If you need to do some digging, don’t waste time filtering through internet results, especially if you’re going to be citing sources. The Research tool allows you to examine filtered results, such as images and quotes, quickly. You can also search with a “Scholarly” filter to only see scholarly sites and always have the most trustworthy and prevalent information.
- Easily mute notifications during important meetings. Under the Settings menu, you can choose a specific time period to disable notifications, such as 1 or 8 hours. You can also pick the notifications you want to receive. Hangouts gives you the option to turn off call ringing and message sounds independently.
- Adjust call bandwidth. This feature is excellent if you have issues with the quality of your audio or video. Move the slider to the right or left to control the level for that call. It can be readjusted for each conference for total customization.
- Choose how others see you. Along with statuses that provide a custom message, you can let others know when you were last online, what device you’re using to access Hangouts, and if you’re currently engaged in a video or phone call from the application. Checking these boxes automatically provides feedback and information for those looking to contact you.
- Take control of your invitations. You can turn notifications on and off by simply checking a box. Plus, you can add personal details so users with your phone number or email can send you a direct invitation. No more searching for usernames and wondering if you contacted the right person.
- Quickly access the Help menu. Click or tap on the Help and Feedback button at the bottom of the More menu, and type in your questions to easily find solutions or clarification.
That’s all for now, enjoy it!