Continuing our journey to SharePoint 2016, after Planning and architecting Distributed cache Service for SharePoint 2016, I would like to stress in this article mostly on memory requirements for SharePoint 2016.
Here are my key takeaways about requirements for SharePoint 2016:
- There is no change regarding processor needs on every config it’s 4 cores, 64 bits processor.
- There is a significant change regarding memory needs from 12 GB (for SharePoint 2013) to 16 GB for a standard SharePoint 2016 production server
- There is no change regarding disk space requirements
- There is no change regarding requirements for a stretched farm (latency should be < 1 ms 99.9% of the time and bandwidth at least 1 Gbit/s)
- There is a standard evolution regarding Windows and SQL Server supported versions
All these information come from the well known pages: Hardware and software requirements for SharePoint Server 2016