There was no endpoint listening

I recently encountered an issue in a SharePoint 2013 deployment where viewing and editing of existing workflows would result in the standard error page “Something went Wrong”.

When I checked the ULS for the correlation ID I found a number of messages with a single Unexpected error

“System.IO.PipeException: The pipe endpoint ‘net.pipe://localhost/security TokenServiceApplication/appsts.svc’ could not be found on your local machine

I ran across a TechNet post that described the issue – Post 

I checked on the WFE server and the two services were stopped.

  • Net.Pipe Listener Adapter
  • Net.TCP Listener AdapterHope this will save some of you time if you run into this issue in your environment

After starting the two services, then I was able to get to the workflow details as well as starting new workflows on ítems.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s