SharePoint 2010: Reporting has encountered a SharePoint error

Hi,

The other day a client called me, saying that the reporting services in SharePoint weren’t working. I decided to test If it was a problem of SharePoint, and I received the following error message:

re

So I decided to dip into the SharePoint log, finding the following lines:

Throwing Microsoft.ReportingServices.Diagnostics.Utilities.SharePointException: , Microsoft.ReportingServices.Diagnostics.Utilities.SharePointException: Report Server has encountered a SharePoint error. —> Microsoft.SharePoint.SPException: No se puede completar esta acción.  Vuelva a intentarlo. —> System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80004005): No se puede completar esta acción.  Vuelva a intentarlo.     at Microsoft.SharePoint.Library.SPRequestInternalClass.PreInitServer(String bstrAbsoluteRequestUrl, String bstrServerRelativeUrl, Int32 lZone, Guid gApplicationId, Guid gSiteId, Guid gDatabaseId, String bstrDatabaseServer, String bstrDatabaseName, String bstrDatabaseUsername, String bstrDatabasePassword, Boolean fHostHeaderIsSiteName, Int32 iDatabaseVersionMajor, Int32 iData…                …baseVersionMinor, Int32 iDatabaseVersionBuild, Int32 iDatabaseVersionRevision)     at Microsoft.SharePoint.Library.SPRequest.PreInitServer(String bstrAbsoluteRequestUrl, String bstrServerRelativeUrl, Int32 lZone, Guid gApplicationId, Guid gSiteId, Guid gDatabaseId, String bstrDatabaseServer, String bstrDatabaseName, String bstrDatabaseUsername, String bstrDatabasePassword, Boolean fHostHeaderIsSiteName, Int32 iDatabaseVersionMajor, Int32 iDatabaseVersionMinor, Int32 iDatabaseVersionBuild, Int32 iDatabaseVersionRevision)     — End of inner exception stack trace —     at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPGlobal.HandleComException(COMException comEx)     at Microsoft.SharePoint.Library.SPRequest.PreInitServer(String bstrAbsoluteRequestUrl, String bstrServerRelativeUrl, Int32 lZone, Guid gApplication…              …Id, Guid gSiteId, Guid gDatabaseId, String bstrDatabaseServer, String bstrDatabaseName, String bstrDatabaseUsername, String bstrDatabasePassword, Boolean fHostHeaderIsSiteName, Int32 iDatabaseVersionMajor, Int32 iDatabaseVersionMinor, Int32 iDatabaseVersionBuild, Int32 iDatabaseVersionRevision)     at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPSite.PreinitializeServer(SPRequest request)     at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPSite.GetSPRequest()     at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPSite.get_Request()     at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPSite.get_ReadLocked()     at Microsoft.ReportingServices.SharePoint.Objects.RSSPImpSite.get_ReadLocked()     at Microsoft.ReportingServices.SharePoint.Server.SharePointServiceHelper.GetUserToken(String wssUrl, String userName)     — End of inner exception stack trace —;

But as you can see, it does not giving me a clue of what is happening. So after reviewing this, I checked the Event Log, and for my surprise I found the following:

The Execute method of job definition Microsoft.ReportingServices.SharePoint.SharedService.Service.DoWorkTimerJob (ID fa8a1de8-1321-45ba-9081-7b890c7d7504) threw an exception. More information is included below.

The HTTP service located at http://server:32843/014c0cb2da874208b97b44173758f8ff/ReportServiceBackgroundProcessing.svc is too busy.

So… my first impression was that something was not working properly, so I decided to do an IIReset, and after that was possible to execute again the Reporting reports

Hope it helps!

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s